Re: How do I install Netscape with Debian?

if you use netscape 3 you should be able to:

apt-get install netscape3

if you use v4 then

apt-get install netscape4

i ignore the rest of the stuff, looks like netscape that is linked with
motif(either statically or dynamically) motif from what i read is about as
non free as one can get(although there is a lesstif free
alternative..) you should get a full install using either the netscape3 or
netscape4 packages.

im not a new debian user but i am for sure a new apt user..by running
apt-get install netscape it showed me everything that was a netscape
package..

i dont use the .deb though i just run the netscape installer..or if i do
use the deb i make sure to comment out the stuff that prevents it running
as root :) im not that paranoid.

nate