Re: Bootable MSDOS filesystem from Linux

MK>If I format a floppy in DOS, then just copy IO.SYS A:\ (and then
MK>command.com), it boots.  When I do the same under Linux, it won't.  What I
MK>need is to get a win9x hard drive partition bootable while running off a
MK>Linux boot disk.  It has been mentioned that I need a proper boot sector.
MK>How exactly do I get it (i.e. what do I put in the bs= and count= fields
MK>in dd, and do I use raw disk (sda) or partition(sda1), etc, etc?)
MK>
MK>Sorry for being so dumb in this field... :)

If you make bootable floppy from Linux, you have MS-Dos 6.22 Bootable floppys.

If you are in Win95 and make a bootable floppy it loads IO.SYS from the c:
root to the floppy, which is the MS-Dos 7.0/7.1 version.

Linux can not write the MS-Dos 7.0/7.1 IO.SYS.

Michelle