Re: apt-get with proxy ftp access

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 10:51:20AM +0100, Peter Weiss wrote
> Hello,
>
>     I can't figure out how to setup apt for upgrading to slink stable using a
>     http (ftp) Proxy combination. I've got the following:
>
> apt.conf:
> ---------
>
> // Options for the downloading routines
> Acquire
> {
>   // HTTP method configuration
>   http
>   {
>     Proxy "http://193.158.21.90:8080";;
>     Timeout "120";
>   };
>
>   // FTP method configuration
>   ftp
>   {
>     Proxy "ftp://193.158.21.90:8080";;
>
>     Timeout "120";
>
>     /* Passive mode control, proxy, non-proxy and per-host. Pasv mode
>        is prefered if possible */
>     Passive "true";
>   };
>
> };

I don't know if this is yourb problem, but if apt-get uses the same
conventions as (say) Lynx for specifying proxys then there should be a
trailing slash, like so:
  http://193.158.21.90:8080/

Also, I'm not sure that the ftp proxy you have specified will work;
I believe that this setting is for an ftp proxy server, not a squid-style
cache.  If you're behind a firewall that lets you make outgoing ftp
connections, just having `Passive "true"' may be enough.

HTH,

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au