Re: running two webservers on the same machine

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 01:50:06PM +1100, Marc-Adrian Napoli wrote:
> I work with Shao here and we've been asked to basically get zeus and apache
> running on the same machine, both on port 80 but both binded to different ip
> addresses...
>
> (That way we could have the functionality of both).
>
> 1. I'm not sure how to bind Zeus/Apache to certain IP's and
>
> 2. I thought that a port was physical for a computer.. ie. port 80 on a
> machine is port 80 for all the IP's on that machine.
>
> Our boss thinks differently... so we're not sure. :)

Your boss thinks better.
I general for sockets programming you can use bind_any and bind_some_ip
solutions.

I don't know about Zeus (when it binds only any(==all) IP then use some tcpd
port redirector). For Apache read /usr/share/doc/apache/manual/bind.html.

Mirek