Re: running two webservers on the same machine

Hi there,

> > I have multiple web servers on the same machine...
> >
> > - same ip# for various servers...
> > - different ip# for various web servers
> >
> > sales.foo.com
> > rnd.foo.com
> > www.foo.com
> > www.bar.com
> > www.xxxxxxxx.com
>
> To be clear, the previous author was not talking about virtual hosts or
> virtual servers, he was talking about running two separate web server
> programs on the same port.  One was Apache and the other Zeus, if I
> recall.  This is different than setting up multiple domains in Apache.

Yep, that's correct.

I work with Shao here and we've been asked to basically get zeus and apache
running on the same machine, both on port 80 but both binded to different ip
addresses...

(That way we could have the functionality of both).

1. I'm not sure how to bind Zeus/Apache to certain IP's and

2. I thought that a port was physical for a computer.. ie. port 80 on a
machine is port 80 for all the IP's on that machine.

Our boss thinks differently... so we're not sure. :)

Any help would be most appreciated!

Regards,

Marc-Adrian Napoli
Connect Infobahn Australia