Re: Using 3com modem Independent Mode (without Windows)

Hi Alberto et al.,

I too have a 3Com USR 56K Message Plus Modem WITHOUT Windows.

Of course, because I use a Macintosh computer...

I too send a message "request" for what you call "The Independent Mode"...

I too am still waiting for answers...

But, I'm able to use that *** 3Com modem to connect my computer to internet,
sometimes send (and receive) fax (only when I set back the drivers).

But the specific software communication (voice/fax) sold in what they call a
MacPak (350 Francs vat included) was out of date at the time I buy it (but I
don't know that when I buy it).

So, I have to make my consumer work: the next Modem I have to buy will not be a
3Com, I check the software versions given in the box before I buy anything, etc...

It's a shame...

Emile

PS: I don't talk to the Disney CD-ROM I got (Wintel version) with my Message
Plus. Still not open...