Install by FTP ?

Is it  possible to install Debian for i386 over FTP ?

Like : I have a PC with an empty disk and a network card, connected
to internet over LAN ( let's say it is a 3com 509 eth0 card ).
I wan't to download a boot-floppy image , copy it to a floppy,
boot from it , set up the network , select an ftp site and install
the system from it.

This is AFAIK possible with RedHat and SuSE linux, but not with Debian ( 2.1
at least ).

Am I missing something or is this featire to be added in some future version ?

P.S.: I know NFS is supported, but I need FTP.

--
David Balazic , student
E-mail   : 1stein@writeme.com     |     living in  sLOVEnija