Re: disabling remount ro on errors

On 14/12/99 hawk@hawkins.cba.uni.edu wrote:

they should be.  I did a clean install onto this disk.  The old disk
ran for months with the stock kernel.  When it wouldn't talk to the
network, I cp -R'd /etc and /lib from the old drive.

you might try (cd / ; tar -cvpf - lib) | (cd /mnt/ ; tar -xvpf -) instead of cp -R change the cd command to the appropriate places, tar does a better job preserving symlinks then cp does, actually i think you have to use cp -a and/or -p for it to even attempt to preserve symlinks, that would cause libraries to not be copied over quite right.

when recursively copying directories with links though tar is a much better option IMO.

--
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/