Re: only half of physical memory showing up

*- On 13 Dec, Peter Ross wrote about "Re: only half of physical memory showing up"
> add the line
> append="mem=128M"
>
> to your lilo.conf file, and then rerun lilo
>
> Or upgrade to 2.2.x series of kernels which will detect >64Mb of memory.
>
> see /usr/doc/BootPrompt-HOWTO.gz for more information.

Not always true.  I have an AOPEN AX6B motherboard with recent bios
updates and I still have to add the mem line to get all memory
recognized.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.