Re: kernel compile stops with fatal signal

On 13/12/99 David Densmore wrote:

It will process fine for a while, sometimes getting near the very end
before the fatal signal.  If I start it again it will some times proceed
further before stopping again.  I even made it all the way through
to the end once by starting it over and over, but the kernel it produced
wouldn't boot.

Here is the ouput from one of the errors:

[...]
-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -pipe -fno-strength-reduce -m486 -malign-loops=2
-malign-jumps=2 - malign-functions=2 -DCPU=586   -c -o inode.o inode.c
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

[...]

There are lots of these and it never seems to happen in the same place.
Sometimes I get fatal signal 6.

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell be what to do (about this
problem, that is).

your hardware is most likely at fault, what you describe is almost precisely what is described at http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ please read that page and you will find the answers to your questions.

--
Ethan Benson