Sound files skipping while playing

Hi,

I'm really excited because I have compiled a kernel for the first time
and now I'm up to 2.2.13. My problem is that I'm having trouble with
my SounBlaster 64 AWE Value sound card. When I had setup OSS
as a module and the same for a Sound Blaster driver that was meant
to be for all of the SB series (16/32/64/AWE). I'm not sure if this is
supposed to happen, but when I boot the kernel it just says Sound
Blaster 16, minus the slashes for the newer versions. Do I have it
setup wrong? I hear tha even in Windows the SB drivers are the
same for SB16 as they are for SB32 and SB64.

My audio CDs play perfectly. Maybe even in better quality than
when I play them in Windows. The problem is with sound files,
though. When I try to play those, instead of playing the sound
continously, it skips. It plays a sec, then a pause for a sec,
plays a sec, then pause. It's like someone is wacking a nail
with a hammer and instead of getting the hammer thud sound when
it hits a nail, I hear part of the MP3/WAV/RealVideo-Clip file (I
tried many many different sound players). Any ideas? If there's any
information you need from me about my hardware specs, let me know.

--
Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com