video cards

Hi Jason,

>does anyone know what server and settings to use with a ati rage fury
128 video card?

I have the same chipset in my computer.  You need to get the
XFCom_Rage128 server from the SuSE website.  Check the debian-user
archives; there have been several good postings on this issue.  If you
have slink, upgrade to XFree86 3.3.4 by adding to your
"/etc/sources.list"

deb http://samosa.debian.org/~branden/ xfree86-334-slink/

and do apt-get install.

Then go to http://www.suse.com and follow the links to SuSE X-servers.
Download the XFCom_Rage128 server.  I downloaded the .tgz archive, put
it in the /usr/X11R6/bin directory, and uncompressed it:

tar zvxf  XFCom_Rage128.tgz

I replaced the XF86_SVGA server with the (renamed) XFCom_Rage128 server
and edited the XF86Setup program to use the server.  If you have slink,
you also need to install the regframe package as indicated on the SuSE
page.

Good luck!

Bruce Mobarry