Re: Adaptec 2940 UW

On 8 Dec 1999, Arcady Genkin wrote:

[ snip ]

 : So, which way should I go:
 :
 : - save a few bucks and get a 2940U (which will be sufficient
 :   speed-wise)

Given this choice in your situation I'd get the 2940U

 : I'm being a bit paranoid, because I can't use my current SCSI card
 : with a CD-R under Linux, so I want to be sure that the driver for the
 : card I get will be up-to date...

Why not look at a Symbios 810 card - I hate them for disks (they're not
terribly fast) but they'll keep up with a CD-R, CD-ROM, tape drive, etc
and they're generally around $75 or less.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD