CD burning problems

Hi all,

I'm trying to burn data CD under linux using
mkhybrid (ver 1.12a4.7-3) and cdrecord (ver 1:1.6final-0.2)
on Traxdata CDR4120.

I have to read this CD under Win so I used the following:

mkhybrid -J -v -o <image> <path of prototype>
cdrecord speed=4 dev=00,03,00 -v -pad <image>

This commands' output seems to be all right. And the disk was readable.
The problem apper later (when I've burned several CDs).
Each CD contain one or several small files that were unreadable!
This file(s) was unreadable under Win and under Linux.
More overe when I try to issue "dd if=/dev/cdrom of=<some file>"
it report "read error" near (or at) the end of disk.

My last image created with mkhybrid was still on disk and when I try to
mount it through loop dev ALL files were readable.

My machine is also biitable under Win98 and when I burn CD with
CeQuadrat for Win9x
I have no problems with CDs.

can anyone tell me what I'm missing? I hope that it's possible to burn
perfect
CD without rebooting to Win.

Alex