Re: Why

> Brigette Heffner wrote:
>
> Why is it so hard to get anywhere with Linux?

Hard...?
Well, it depends. In the beginning, it usually is.

BTW, my window manager now defaulted to Ice, and users other than root
will have gdm and no more.
I believe that I'm quite familiar with Linux, but problems (which I
don't know how to solve yet) arise oftentimes. But those problems
usually are due to misconfigured systems (as opposed to operating system
crashes) or because I touch things here and there.

> In plain English...how do I get help with the install?  Is there a
> book (written in HUMAN English) that I can buy?  I have read all kinds
> of "how to's" and I am missing something because I have tried to
> install THREE versions of Linux and can't get any to work (on my new
> $2300 paperweight of a laptop).
>
> Just tell me what to do...or should I buy windows 98 and forget it?
> The laptop has no operating system...now.

Well, it's up to you. But using Linux, you'd have things to talk about
:-)

Oki