Re: slink-only system, kernel version ceiling?

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 02:35:08PM -0600, alice@cascoind.com wrote
> At some point in the not-too-distant future I'm going to brave the wild
> and wooly world of kernel recompilation. (mostly for sound card and
> at some point a zip drive) If my system is still slink-only is there some
> kernel version beyond which I should not try to go? (in other words,
> is slink compatible with all the recent stable kernel versions out there?)
> Alice M. Pinard
> Casco Indemnity Company
> alice@cascoind.com
>

> --

If you intend to use kernel version 2.2, you can find a summary page at
http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/running-kernel-2.2 which sets out
what you need to upgrade.

For 2.3 kernels it depends on the specific version you have in mind,
and you're on your own.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au