A router with NAT behind a router with NAT

Hi,

Quite long time ago, I post a message about a LAN that couldn't connect
to the Internet via two routers. The picture was almost like the
following:

  [Internet]

  [NAT router]    (1

     |          LAN 1
  ---+-------------+--------

               [router]   (2

                   |    LAN 2

I have solved the problem. The solution is quite easy, just install the
NAT on the second router. I use Linux from www.linuxrouter.org for
router 2 and have set up the NAT; now users in LAN 2 can have Internet
access.

BTW, if I replace the LRP's kernel (it is 2.0.x) with Debian's (which is
2.2.13) would all the 2.0.x libraries work fine...?

Oki