Re: upgrading 2.1r2 to glibc2.1

On 7/12/99 Ron Forrester wrote:

a) Will potato (that's next, right?) be glibc2.1 based?

potato IS glibc2.1 based.

b) Is unstable what is being prepared for potato?

potato IS unstable, potato is the codename for the next stable release of debian it will probably be called debian 2.2.

c) What is the preferred method of taking my 2.1r2 through an unstable
upgrade? Specifically, how do I do it?

edit /etc/apt/apt.sources and change all instances of `stable' with `unstable'

then run apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade

I had very bad results when attempting this however, YMMV, but i had to install potato directly,the upgrade just did not work for me.

Ethan