Re: Mozilla warnings

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 10:55:51PM +0100, tomcato@iname.com wrote:
> The linux-i386.tar.gz releases found at mozilla.org, what distro are they
> compiled for? Is is possible to run them on debian? Is is very difficult to build
> from source?
>
> Tom Cato

I grabbed the M11 binary a little while back. It works fine on potato.
Don't think it'll work on Slink (not even building from source). I
needed to do two things to set it up nice:

1) export GECKO_FONT_SIZE_FACTOR=1.2 # in .bashrc to make fonts readable
2) create a startup script in /usr/local/bin consisting of:
  #!/bin/sh
  (cd /usr/local/mozilla/package ; ./mozilla > /dev/null 2>&1 &)

I didn't bother with a menu entry. Note: the dhtml demo reaked havoc!

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |