Re: upgrading 2.1r2 to glibc2.1

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Ethan Benson wrote:

[ snip ]

 : >c) What is the preferred method of taking my 2.1r2 through an unstable
 : >upgrade? Specifically, how do I do it?
 :
 : edit /etc/apt/apt.sources and change all instances of `stable' with `unstable'
 :
 : then run apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade
 :
 : I had very bad results when attempting this however, YMMV, but i had
 : to install potato directly,the upgrade just did not work for me.

Conversely it's worked well here on at least 3 desktops and a few home
firewall boxes and one server.  I haven't yet upgraded the production
servers; potato isn't quite stable enough yet.  It is extremely stable
for a distibution labelled "unstable".

Also, I prefer to use the distro names in my /etc/apt/sources.list; that
prevents things like a massive upgrade the day after unstable moves to
stable ... YMMV.

Regards,

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD