RE: Error messages using Iomega ZIP

> I use an Iomega ZIP 100 as a backup. I find that I frequently get
> cryptic error messages of various kinds while copying stuff to it.
> However, the actual files seem to get copied nevertheless; I'm not sure
> if they are perfect but as they are pretty well all text files a few
> minor errors wouldn't matter too much.
>
> Is anyone else using this same system, and do they find something
> similar?
>
> Anthony

I use zip for backups.  The model I use is the scsi one.  The only
time I get errors is when there are bad blocks on the disk.  You
can reformat them but it's a pain.  The utilities that run under
nt won't clear the bad blocks.  I wrote a script that does a low
level scsi format of the disk and then verifies it with badblocks.
I doubt if it will work with anything but the scsi version of the
zip drive.  I'll send it to you if you want...

jim