Re: Joysticks

d.wright@open.ac.uk said:
> > I compiled the joystick module and created the js0 device with:
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Which? You must compile at least two. In your case, that'd be joystick and
> joy-analog.

I did have the joy-analog module.  My problem was that I hadn't modified my
isapnp.conf and the gameport was not activate.

It works now, but I still can't get it to work with xmame.  I've got
the joystick module loaded and working in XFree86, and I can even do
"xsetpointer joystick" and use the joystick instead of the mouse, but xmame
just doesn't see it.  My /etc/xmamerc has all of the following:

# Use joystick if available
joy             1

# Is your joystick analog?
analogstick     1

# If using X11 based joystick enter name of joystick device
# Use provided "xlistdev" command, to see which one are availables
# on your system
x11joyname      joystick

rgds-- TA  (tallard@frb.gov)
I don't speak for the Federal Reserve Board, it doesn't speak for me.