Re: potato openssh

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 10:52:18PM +0100, Sven Esbjerg wrote:
> The developers have changed the default configuration for ssh. What is missing
> especially is X-forwarding. You will need to enable on a pr. host basis. This
> can be done either systemwide in /etc/ssh/ssh_config or in ~/.ssh/config for
> the individual user.
> The configuration looks like this:
> Host somehost
>   ForwardX11 yes
> You can read more in /usr/share/doc/ssh.

You can also specify the option globally, at least in your
~/.ssh/config. Yes, this is a slight security risk, but it works.

I've had a different problem with X forwarding; the daemon doesn't
properly set up the temporary Xauthority file. It only does an "xauth
add foobar:10 baz quux", while my system seems to insist on "xauth add
foobar/unix:10 baz quux" as well in order to have X forwarding work (X
uses unix domain sockets instead of internet domain when connecting to
the local host, because unix domain is a bit faster IIRC).  I've taken
to compiling from source until this bug (#49944) is fixed...

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  29 Nov 1999 - new email address added to gpg key