Re: An open letter to the debian community

> the big battles and then mop up the little ones later. Get Linux on every
> webserver first ... then worry about the applications and pick them off
> one-by-one.

   I think the same logic can be used to point to the need of getting Linux
to the desktop.

   Until serious headway is made on the desktop, we're not going to see
dramatic shifts in 3rd party developers; thus we'll be relegated to people
thinking of Linux as only a server system.  And given that many people
familiar with NT workstation automatically assume they know how to run NT
server, we'll be relegated to being a "complex" server system.

   As much as people complain about ignorant Windows users, those same users
are pretty critical to Linux's success.

--
 Regards,  | <redwards@golgotha.net>   | Upgrade your old legacy
 .         | <http://www.golgotha.net> | WindowsNT machines to Linux!