Re: Using Computer Modern PS fonts with LaTeX?

At 08:16 AM 12/6/99 -0600, Jesse Jacobsen wrote:
>On 12/05/99, Ron Hale-Evans addressed "Using Computer Modern PS fonts with
LaTeX?":
>> Any help with getting Type 1 CM fonts to work with LaTeX will be much
>> appreciated.
>
>Caveat: I use potato, but maybe this will work on slink too.
>Look for an ae package, i.e. \usepackage{ae}.  This sets up postscript
>versions of the CM fonts that should work in most circumstances.  It
>may be only in the potato TeTeX.

Thanks for your help. I have ae.sty with slink. I tried it at your
recommendation, but am still getting the ugly Type 3 CM fonts in my PDF file.

For the record, these are the steps I am taking:

$ latex foo
$ dvips foo -o foo.ps
$ ps2pdf foo.ps foo.pdf

These steps always end up with Type 3 fonts. Should I be doing something else?

Thanks...

Ron H-E
--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe@apocalypse.org  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>