Re: lpr problem [Ooops, forgot infos]

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 10:11:15PM -0800, aphro wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Jean-Yves BARBIER wrote:
>
> jybarb >I can't get my TV card to work well too (it was 4 weeks ago).
> jybarb >I'll try to exchange it next wednesday to see what will happend.
>
> What kind of TV card?  I have been using Bt848 based TV cards for ages
> under linux, no trouble, if its this kind i can prob help you get it
> workin.

A MIRO PCTV (w/ bt848 chipset); that's why I think that the motherboard
fault (well, in fact I think its the HPT366 controler fault, everything
goes wrong, even under w$98, since its drivers are installed).

> as for the SB live i have a sb awe32 ..i know creative released drivers
> for it but they are binary only:< ack. i hear they got open source stuff
> around the corner though.

I can use the SB live under Linux; under w$98, I'm obliged to suppress it,
and to re-actualize the components list to get it work.

AFAI remember, there's also another problem: On the BH-6 board I'm (quite)
sure that Tekram DC-390(T) said it was 'EDGE Triggered', but now it
*always* says it's 'LEVEL Triggered'.

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 Time sharing: The use of many people by the computer.