Re: Why

My guess is that the windows install probably uses the same
lowest-common-denominator graphics mode (it looks like it to me) regardless
of video hardware and the Linux X-based setup is using different modes
during setup, dependent upon which video card it thinks it detects.  The
Windows-based setup doesn't go into card-specific graphic modes until
installation is done.  If this is the case then the x-based setup routines
should be written for a standard 640x480x16 mode, regardless of which video
hardware is detected during setup, no?...

a shot in the dark
Andy

<brigette@mail.com>; Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net>