Re: Netstd reorganization

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Brad wrote:

> Whatever the netstd package now depends on is what used to be in netstd.

But the dependancies need to change.  I want rwho on one system but I do
NOT want rwhod on it. I want rsh but I do NOT want rshd. Separating the
clients from the daemons would be a good idea ... netstd-client and
netstd-server would be better.

> The ones you need are the ones you use. The rest can probably be gotten
> rid of. Since you don't use the r services, you can get rid of any
> package netstd depends on that begins with the letter "r", with the
> possible exception of "routed" (which is not an r service). Beyond that,
> determine what you don't use and remove it.

It should check to see if you have ssh installed and ask if you want to
use ssh for those services.