Re: NewLinuxHelp

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, JB Popnoe wrote:

jbp534 >using common  CD module - got all the way to install  CDROM   and msg -
jbp534 >CDROM  not mounted successfully  --   System is  ancient  486/66  with  a
jbp534 >HD   1.5  gig   CDROM  is working as I  then loaded from  CD with   INSTALL
jbp534 >again  got all the way to  CDROM  not mounted  ?????????

Those kinds of drives are a nightmare to work with.  last time i installed
on a 486, i grabbed the I/O address of the cdrom controller from win* and
passed it along to the kernel module..worked fine after that.  if you dont
have win* maybe you could install *dos and install the dos drivers for
that cdrom and grab the i/o address from it, usually drivers show the i/o
and irq settings when they load.

jbp534 >Kind Soul      --   E-mail    or  landline .     Present  Status is  I am
jbp534 >trying to install
jbp534 >with  DOS   partition   &   balance  for Linux..        JB Popnoe
jbp534 >Carpinteria, CA.

i hope you change email clients too that was a pain to read.

nate