slrn and leafnode: problems

Hi all,

I've had slrn and leafnode working together briefly, but I messed with
my partitions to make room for some other stuff. Upon installing
debian and upgrading to potato, I can't get slrn to subscribe to a
group.

AFAIK, leafnode it okay. fetchnews runs alright too. When I try to
subscribe to a group, I get nothing. No place holder, nothing. Not
even a entry in the group list. Typing 'L' and then '*' lists the
directories under /var/spool/news.

Just a couple quick questions though. How should I be starting slrn? with the
--spool option? also, what should my /etc/news/servers file contain?
Right now it contains my actual news server (news.cv1.sdca.home.com).

I can't remember what I did to get it goin the first time and what I'm
not doing this time :(

Any clues?

TIA
 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )