I didn't mean to offend

Ok, this is me...the one who posted "Why"...
I didn't mean to offend anyone...(everyone).  I really want to use Linux and It's making me nuts.  We have it a school and I love it.

I have an ARM laptop with an AMD K6-3 450 Mhz processor, 196 MB RAM, 10 GB Hard Disk, 14.1" TFT XGA , ATI video with 4MB memory, Phoenix BIOS, and standart CDRom and Floppy.

I have Mandrake, Debian 2.1, and Slackware 7 to choose from.  I can boot from CD.
Mandrake:  does good until the end, can't config video.
Slackware: Has a keyboard problem and hits a loop after booting the     kernal.
Debian:  Didn't go there yet.

Thanks for all the help
Brigette