Re: Potato locked up on shutdown - processes still running

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Mark M wrote:

z10354 >After running for about 20 days and then shutting down, init froze with
z10354 >`processes still running' (or something similar) before unmounting any
z10354 >drives (actually before saving random seed I think). I could switch
z10354 >consoles, but init had stopped most services so I couldn't log in.

It may not help but i remapped ctrl-0alt-del to go to runlevel 1, instead
of reboot usually allows for a clean shutdown when something goes
wrong(like X breaking, or some startup script hanging the system)

i dont use potato so i cant help in that particular situation sorry :/

nate