RE: SMP

> Anyone knows if you can run SMP on a system with one Pentium II
> 233mhz and one
> Pentium II 366mhz or if this will mean problem?

I have two Dual boards and have run SMP under NT for some time.  On the
boards that I have, you can't set the processors at different speeds.  There
is one speed selection.  I think the processors would have all sorts of
problems if you were able to set them to different speeds.  I think you have
two choices.  Run both processors at 233MHz.  This is the safest option.
Overclock the 233MHz processor to some higher speed.  I doubt it will go
from 233 to 366.  I have heard of some insane over clocking.  For me,
reliability is too much of an issue to over clock.

I haven't heard of a PII-366.  Is this a celeron, by chance.  There is
another issue with SMP.  Go to Intel's web site.  Much to my surprise, not
all PII-XXXs are equal.  You have to look for a compatible step of the
processor.  I.e. A PII-450 step 1 may not be SMP compatible with a PII-450
step 3.  When I bought mine, I bought a singe PII-300.  Later, I couldn't
get an SMP compatible PII-300 so I had to move up to a PII-333 to go SMP.
For this reason, I would strongly suggest anyone thinking about getting a
dual MB either get two processors when you buy the MB or save $$$ and get a
single MB with a better processor.

Note this is based on my experience with Asus and Soyo MB running Intel.  I
don't know anything about SMP with non-Intel processors.  I would really
like to hear about dual Athlons !

paul