Re: Can not boot from HD after install

Hello and good evening.

MK>What's the contents of your /etc/lilo.conf? Do you have boot=/dev/hda? Why
MK>not also send us a printout of the partition setup from (c)fdisk. Do you
MK>have the bootable flag set on /dev/hda2?

I think, the errormessage has nothing to do with LILO !!!

MK>> Non-System disk or disk error
MK>> Replace and press any key when ready

This is a BIOS messages, which mean, that they try
to execute the BOOTSECTOR and here is nothing !!!

Hey Matthew,

put your Debian Install-Disk in your FloppyDrive an Reboot.

In the options Dialog Choose "Make Linux bootable from harddisk"

Thats all.

Have fun now

Michelle
from Strasbourg/France