Re: LPRng Printing Problem

Mirek Kwasniak wrote:
On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 03:55:10PM +0100, Petru NOTINGHER wrote:
> I have exactly the same problem, but with a remote (network) printer. I tried lpd instead of LprNG, the problem
> stays.
>
> It might be a bug somewhere. Maybe we should file a bug report ?

Why? I and many others use lprng for years. I have local and remote lpd and
smb printers working.

Well, me too, it just happens that after upgrading my potato packages to the latest versions and installing KDE,
I am not able to print anymore. However, I get no error messages. I don't understand why, because I haven't
changed my /etc/printcap file.

Maybe our problem is related to KDE rather than lpr. I would like to ask David if he has installed KDE ?

Thanks.

Petru

Mirek
--
Petru NOTINGHER jr.
Laboratoire d'Electrotechnique de MONTPELLIER (LEM)

Phone + (33)(0)4.67.14.34.85
Fax     (33)(0)4.67.04.21.30
e-mail  petru@univ-montp2.fr