install of modue for intel etherexpres pro hangs

Hello, I'm trying to follow the installation programme and when it comes
to installing modules I pick the net -> ether express pro module,
do the install and it hangs while trying load it into the kernal ...

I've done solaris installs on this machine and it detects the card, and
when windows was running on it, it worked fine ...

I think it might be because I changed some of the settings when
I first installed it. IS there any way with insmod to install the driver with
a different IRQ/Port address once I have the rest of the system installed.

Oh, and is there a good list of what each module does and a way of working
out what I need based on the machine profile (it''ll be my database and EJB
server to my Sun box) ...

Thanks ...

--
The best remote administration tool for Windows-NT is a car ...
  Mr Grumpy - http://www.cyber4.org/members/grumpy