RE: Can libqt1g and libqt2 coexist?

On 04-Dec-1999 Cyrus Patel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got kde.tdyc.com in my sources.list and currently have libqt1g
> installed.
>
> However, I was playing around trying to compile some apps that need qt2 and
> when I tryed to install libqt2 it asked to remove all my apps that use
> libqt1g
> and libqt1g itself.
>
> Is there anyway I can have both installed on my boxen?

I don't know if it can be done if you installed from Debian packages, but I
have QT 1.44 and 2.0.1 installed from source and they coexist.  I have my
QTDIR variable pointing to /usr/local/qt-2.0.1  and I copied my QT 1.44 libs
to KDEDIR/lib to make KDE happy.  When I need to compile anything for KDE, I
just change my QTDIR temporarily and change it back after I compile.

I have only fake QT Debian packages installed.

--
Andrew