Re: Can libqt1g and libqt2 coexist?

Pollywog wrote:

> On 04-Dec-1999 Cyrus Patel wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got kde.tdyc.com in my sources.list and currently have libqt1g
> > installed.
> >
> > However, I was playing around trying to compile some apps that need qt2 and
> > when I tryed to install libqt2 it asked to remove all my apps that use
> > libqt1g
> > and libqt1g itself.
> >
> > Is there anyway I can have both installed on my boxen?
>
> I don't know if it can be done if you installed from Debian packages, but I
> have QT 1.44 and 2.0.1 installed from source and they coexist.  I have my
> QTDIR variable pointing to /usr/local/qt-2.0.1  and I copied my QT 1.44 libs
> to KDEDIR/lib to make KDE happy.  When I need to compile anything for KDE, I
> just change my QTDIR temporarily and change it back after I compile.
>
> I have only fake QT Debian packages installed.
>
> --
> Andrew
>
> --

There is a bug report about this :
	http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=49347

It sounds like you should be able to do this within Debian, save
for this "conflicts" problem.  You could perhaps get both, and force
the other one in using "force-conflicts" option of dpkg, but this
tends to void the warranty :)

Or wait til the bug gets fixed.

--
Regards,