Re: Athlon and debian

> i have installed an k7+debian system a week ago

	I saw your message in the mailing lists's archive :)

> what i finally did was to obtain the 2.2.13 five first installation
> disks (rescue, root, 3 of drivers) from  the debian ftp site

	I thought these boot stuff was being worked on... Oh, well, I'll
give it a try.

> nfs with other machine only avoided me having to make a lot of floppys
> for the 2,2,13 kernel version, but i suppose it is not a necesity,
> since you are able to make the lot of floopies that compose this instalation
> version

	Basically, you put the base system floppies on the NFS server,
presumably with some of the drivers as well (or did you just reconfigure the
installation procedure so that the only drivers it would look for were the
ones in the three drivers disks you created?). Is this correct?

> simply, i imagine you can make the instalation floppies from the ftp
> debian site , only selecting the last (stable) version

	I don't understand this. Do you mean stable or unstable? The stable
version has a 2.0 kernel which won't like the Athlon. So. would I need to have
the stable disks and make them boot off an Athlon aware kernel? That is, get
the disks you mention in your message from unstable, and then  have the
installation procedure from stable. X-? I'm a bit confused.

	Thanks a lot for your help, we'll see how it goes when it gets
delivered... :)

	Jose
--
Jose L Gomez Dans			PhD student