Re: questions about slink to potato upgrade

Hi Dan,

I went that path also (dist-upgrade to get potato) and had some of the
same problems.

The most serious for me was that my pcmcia modem card stopped working
somewhere along the way. After recompiling kernels and pcmcia and
different options etc I gave up.  I reinstalled (slink) from scratch
and have proceeded step-by-step in moving to potato. Compiling the
kernel-source-2.2.13 and pcmcia-modules-2.2.13 (and versions 2.2.12)
from potato results in a non-functioning pcmcia.  Previoulsy I
compiled the kernel/pcmcia sources (2.2.12) from slink (under slink)
with no problem. I have yet to see if I were to grab the kernel/pcmcia
sources from slink whether it makes any difference.

I trust someone can shed some light on this?

Cheers,
Graham