Re: questions about slink to potato upgrade

Graham Williams <Graham.Williams@cmis.csiro.au> writes:
> I went that path also (dist-upgrade to get potato) and had some of the
> same problems.
>
> The most serious for me was that my pcmcia modem card stopped working
> somewhere along the way.

I also have had this problem.  One thing that makes my modem work
again is to type:

  setserial /dev/ttyS1 irq 0

(You will need to replace the device with the correct one for your
modem.)

irq 0 means to not use interrupts, and instead use a slower polling
method.  So this isn't a long term fix.  My modem does sometimes
work with real irq's, but usually does not.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Dan