G400 high-res problem

Hi,

I'm running a Matrox G400 with a Sony G500 display, on a slink system
that's been upgraded (via apt) to XFree86 3.3.4.  The problem I'm
getting is dark bands that flicker on the screen whenever the on-screen
image is changing.  The scanlines under the dark bands also seem to be
displaced a few pixels to the left compared to the rest of the
scanlines.  The picture is fine whenever the image is not changing.  A
"changing image" can be an animation, scrolling a window, or even typing
(like now).  This problem is most pronounced at 1600x1200x32bpp@85Hz,
but is present at lower resolutions and color depths as well.  Is there
anyone else out there running a G400 under XFree 3.3.4 that is or is not
having similar problems?

Thanks,
Greg