Re: Kernel 2.2 on Slink == possible && safe?

Hello.

Nice see that it is possible and thanks for the tip.

Looking at the URL you gave me and the installed versions of my packages
I only saw that "Util-linux" was 2.9g but 2.9t was required. Seems like
no big deal.

I have no problem in compiling and installing programs, but I would like
to stay as close to Debian's package-system as I can, instead of
installing a lot of self-compiled stuff.
This would make things _alot_ easier if the system goes down and I have
to re-install everything.

I also looked at the
"http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/running-kernel-2.2";, and there it
suggested taking packages from Potato.
But AFAIK Potato-packages uses another version of Perl and I guess there
would be quite some conflicts.

The other option is to run Potato, since I just need the base and enough
tools to compile the 2.2 kernel.
But this system _must_ be stable and I fear Potato ain't really there
yet.

Since stable of Potato most likely is not coming out before February, I
think it would be an idea to upgrade Slink to kernel v2.2 and XFree86
v3.3.5 along with the Y2K-updates.

Just my $0.02...
--
	Regards...