Can not bind to /dev/ttyS2 with Kernel 2.2.13

I'm getting the above message when I try to use my Palm Pilot on the new
kernel.  It works fine with 2.0.36, but doesn't like the higher ones.  It
DOES recognize them at boot, however, which confuses me.  The permissions
are identical, and the devices look fine.  I have three serial ports, in
ttySx order, mouse, modem, and Pilot cradle, mouse and Pilot sharing
interrupts as a default setup would.

I caught something in the last few days about peoples' modems not working on
ttyS2 after upgrade, is it related?

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://members.xoom.com/JMarkevich

You're not my type.  For that matter, you're not even my species!!!