Re: ethernet irq #4

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 07:46:25AM +0000, paul@dial.pipex.com wrote:
> I feel like I`m getting close now.:-)
> Unfortunately the cards had no software with them, they were both
> unwanted freebies from work. As for the i/o address I would imagine
> that this is covered by the message at boot time :
>
> "eth0: AT1700 found at 0x320, IRQ 5, address 0000f4aacbbd auto-sense interface.
> at1700.c:v1.15 4/7/98  Donald Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)"

Ok, your card is recognized
BTW is it a PCI one? (it seems to be), if so, exchange your card with the one
from another slot, it will also change the IRQ.

And, if your bios is a bit old, check that IRQ setup is set to EDGE, not LEVEL.

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.