Re: OSS from 4Front Tech problems-SOLVED!

Wayne Topa wrote:

> When I installed OSS Non-Free, I installed it into /usr/local/lib/oss.
> The 'play' is the command to play a file ie
> $ play hello.wav or play cowbell.au, etc.
>
> It is in the oss directory along with ossmix, the mixer command, and
> the soundon and soundoff commands and the mplay command for midi
> files.
>
> What have you been using to 'play' wav or au files as root?
Never got that far. Get this--I set oss up the start as the root user
(per the instructions) but at boot up (I used webmin to build it into
the init.d and rc0.d files)and that seems to have fixed it.  Go figure.
All of the Gnome sound effects are working. CD players and Mixers OK.
RoseGarden, XMikMod, XWave, Emusic, OK. thanks for the help! Wayne as
usual your pointers were right on target! AHHH, YESSS! Sarah mcLaughlin
in full stereo surround sound!!! Thanks!
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173