Re: Slink -> Potato: Problem with ppp/chat/pcmcia/modem?

Graham writes:
> Issuing "pon" or pppd directly,...

What do you mean by "pppd directly"?

> I get (in the plog file)

>	chat[...]: Can't get terminal parameters: Input/output error.

Please post the complete set of messages.

> I believe pppd is working okay, since if I mimic the modem on my
> interactive tty to get the ATZ stuff, I can respond "OK" to get ATDT etc.

If I understand you correctly, that just means that pppd is getting far
enough to call chat.

Are you running pon as root?
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.