Re: xconsole problem

*- On 20 Nov, Chia-Sheng Chang wrote about "xconsole problem"
> Hi, all,
> 	I run xdm on my computer but every time I login, xconsole always

% ls -l /dev/xconsole
   0 prw-r-----    1 root     adm             0 Nov 20 08:30 /dev/xconsole|

I fixed it by adding my user to the adm group. I don't know the
reasononing behind having xconsole as group adm though.  It is the
only device in /dev with that group ownership.  Remember that passwords
and other private info can be put on the logs so don't make it world
readable.

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you