Re: WDM troubles

    CD>  Hi, I am trying to make WDM work on my Debian (potato)
    CD> box. After having installed it I am not longer able to log in
    CD> even though I know I type in the correct passwords. WDM "shakes
    CD> it's head" as if the passwords are wrong. They aren't. It
    CD> doesn't matter which account I am trying to log into. Same
    CD> result.
    CD>
    CD> I then have to log in as root and un-install WDM to be able to
    CD> return to how I used to log in: console and startx which works
    CD> fine.
    CD>
    CD> What might be wrong?

Does xdm work fine ? Try removing all traces of wdm from your system
first, by typing:

   dpkg --purge wdm

and then apt-get it again:

   apt-get update; apt-get install wdm

See if that fixes the problem.

PS : Did you check to make sure that Cap lock wasn't turned on when
trying to login through WDM ;)

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com