Re: Mouse, please help

Hi,

gpm is not responsible for your mouse in X.
To find out, if gpm-package is installed, type dpkg -l gpm. Now there should be something like
coma:~# dpkg -l gpm
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  gpm             1.14-3         General Purpose Mouse Interface

If the last line is something like the next line, the package is not installed.
coma:~# dpkg -l gpmd
No packages found matching gpm.

For XF86Setup I think, it works with TAB and the arrow-keys (how are they called ?)
instead of the mouse.

But there are still open questions : What type of mouse do you use ? psaux or serial ?
To find out, what your mouse device is, type cat /dev/mouse or ttyS... . It wprked fine for me.
If you found the right device, you get output on your console.

KD